John Gardner Chapter: September 8, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Introduction of Members, Welcome Guests
and New Members
Bill & Karen Rutherford, Dan Nelson, Bill Armitage, Alan
Barton, Jim Cook, Andy Strode and Phil Behney.
Minutes from June Meeting – See online
Steve Barton - Additions or corrections - motion to accept
Phil Behney second Bill Armitage.
Ellie Czarnowski - Additions or corrections - Motion to accept.
1. Replacement Dory “Professor Jones” –
Foot stretcher and name plate.
2. Oars, oarlocks, leathers & buttons for dories –
suppliers & quotes.
3. Shop Queue – “Professor Jones”, Steve
Barton and Alan Barton have moved out of the shop to make
room for some much needed TLC of our club Dories. Phil Behney
is next in the queue and Jim Freelander has decided to wait
before starting on his project.
1. UCONN 50th Anniversary – Sunday, October 15th from
1100 to 1600. Seeking volunteers to man a table/open shop/tend
dories? Any other means of participation?
2. A motion to except Expense of $100/year for web site hosting.
First Bill Armitage, Second by Andy Strode.
3. Discounted prices for computers and software available
to TSCA chapters.
4. Review events calendar for balance of 2017.
5. Proposed change in by laws: The proposed change removes
the "term limit" on the office of President and
brings our bylaws closer to the language of the national TSCA.
Members can vote on these changes no sooner than two weeks
from this notice (11 October 2017) by voice, mail, or email.
Any Other Business
1. Mid-Atlantic Small Craft Festival is the first full weekend
of October (7th & 8th) down in St. Michaels, MD. Here
is its web page: http://cbmm.org/events/annual-festivals-and-special-events/mid-atlantic-small-craft-festival/mascf-participant-information/
2. Fall Row Salmon River October 14th More information to
3. Big thank you to John Hacunda for the services he provides
to the JGTSCA.
Next Meeting: Friday, October 6th, 2017.
Potluck @ 1730 with meeting to follow.
Building 36 (Boat Shop) UCONN – Avery Point.
Motion to Adjourn
Bill Armitage second Phil Behney