John Gardner Chapter: October 6, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order at 1830 by President
Introduction of Members, Welcome Guests
and New Members
Dan Nelson, Ellie Czarnowski, John Hacunda, John Symons,
Phil Behney, Brian Cooper, and Rob Pittaway.
Minutes from June Meeting – Motion
to accept as posted on-line; passed unanimously. See online
Presented by Ellie Czarnowski; motion to accept; passed unanimously.
Current balance = $5826.23
1. Replacement Dory “Professor Jones” –
Foot stretcher and name plate.
2. Oars, oarlocks, leathers & buttons for dories –
suppliers & quotes.
3. Shop Queue – “Professor Jones”, Steve
Barton and Alan Barton have moved out of the shop to make
room for some much needed TLC of our club Dories. Phil Behney
is next in the queue and Jim Freelander has decided to wait
before starting on his project.
1. Meeting with Matt McKenzie, UCONN faculty on Tuesday, October
3rd. There is a good chance we will have some UCONN students
working with us at the shop in “internship/apprentice”
arrangement, beginning in mid-January 2018. Details to be
2. Reserved the Customs House for our Holiday Pot Luck on
December 3rd, from 1200 to approximately 1500. Dan has emailed
Matt Phillips about a talk and slideshow on his boat. Also,
Dan says he can do a slideshow on research projects on the
R/V CONNECTICUT, if Matt isn’t willing.
3. Dan Nelson will not be in town for the November monthly
Motion to Adjourn @ 1930; passed unanimously.
Dan Nelson, Acting Secretary