John Gardner Chapter: May 5, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Introduction of Members, Welcome Guests
and New Members
Introduction of Members, Welcome Guests and New Members
President Dan Nelson opened the meeting at 6:30.
The custom of having individuals present introduce themselves
was followed. Present were:
Bill Rutherford, Dane Roachell, Dave Tang, Phil Behney, James
Clark, Peter Vermilya and Steven Barton
Minutes from February Meeting – See online
The minutes were unanimously accepted as presented on line
Treasurer Ellie Czarnowski – in absentia; Steve Barton
presented her report. Income for the period ending 04/04/2017
Income $125.00 for members’ dues for John Symons, Shirley,
Dane & Dave, Fred Fischer, Brian Fischer, Bill and Karen
Rutherford and Bill Ellcome,.Monthly Expenses include: $29.00
to Connecticut DMV, $52.00 plus $24.15 paid to Dan Nelson
for shop supplies and paint. The closing balance as of 054/17/17
is 6046.99. Ellie’s Report was unanimously accepted
1. Shop que Alan Barton is making progress with his Surf
Board, Steve Barton is getting ready to start assembling his
two man Kayak with a sail.
2. Bill Rutherford has created a chart currents of The Race
and Long Island Sound.
3. Prof Jones Name plate finished and ready to install, thank
you Karen Rutherford.
4. President Dan Nelson is meeting with Professor Nat Trumbull
and Professor Jones went well.
5. Draken Harald Harfarge sendoff and rowing regatta has been
postponed. The Viking Ship will spend another season in Mystic
1. Up and coming Warren River get together. Bring the 38 foot
GIG boat down for week of the Wooden Boat show for the Atlantic
Challenge. Organizer Peter Vermilya.
2. Small boat workshop with the crew of the brilliant. Dane
Rochelle is the lead on this more info to come.
3. Coming in May Viking ship sendoff and rowing regatta.
4. Shannon Machesney rowing workshop
5. Interest in Small Boat Navigation theme for next Sunday
meeting – June 4th 2017
6. During February’s meeting Bill Armitage put forth
the motion to change the buy laws and extend the office of
president to more than one year.
Any Other Business
1. While we work out the details of what project the club
will support, sanding and re-varnish oars go on.
2. Rob Pittaway long time member of JGTSCA and member of the
Jib Room Club that meets at the custom House in New London.
The JIB Club sponsors a monthly lecture for future lecture
series contact Rob Pittaway.
3. A big thanks to John Hacunda for donating a small frig
to replace the old frig that could not hold up to the rigors
Next Meeting: Sunday June 4th, 2017. 1830
Building 36 (BoatShop) UCONN – Avery Point.
Motion to Adjourn at 1930
Respectfully submitted by Member Phil Behney