John Gardner Chapter: January 4, 2020 Meeting Minutes
McQuade's Market, Mystic, CT
- Meeting started at 12:00 hours.
Roll Call - 12 members attended, including newly elected
• Bill Rutherford, President
• Brian Cooper, Vice President
• Ellie Czarnowski, Treasurer
• Dan Nelson, Member at Large
• Henk Hoets, Secretary
- Bill Rutherford addressed highlights
of December 2019 meeting.
- Ellie Czarnowski, Treasurer, reported
a bank balance of $5,416.58 as of December 13, 2019.
- The motion to add Bill Rutherford as co
signer to Chelsea-Groton bank checking account was approved.
Henk Hoets will sign bank form adding Bill.
- Ellie requested local and national dues
for those who have not paid.
- The motion to conduct TSCA-JG business
meetings on a quarterly basis instead of monthly was approved.
A formal meeting room should be used for business meetings,
for example, Olin Stephens room at the Mystic Seaport.
- Brian Cooper reported status of the Good
Little Skiff. Brian asked for help with lining-off and planking.
Goal is to complete boat in time for the WoodenBoat Show
in late June 2020.
- Bill Rutherford requested members to
suggest and help with presentation for Matt McKenzie’s
UCONN Avery Point maritime class slated for February 17,
2020 at 11:15 AM building 36.
- Various 2020 activities were discussed.
a. 2020 activity list should be organized and prioritized
based on members’ interests and each activity championed
by an interested member.
- Meeting adjourned at 13:20 hours.