John Gardner Chapter: January 5, 2018 Meeting Minutes
UConn Avery Point Campus Boathouse
Dane Rochelle, David Tang, Dan Nelson, Steve Barton, Larry
Magee and Phil Behney.
Professor Mathew McKenzie and Maggie Waldron
Minutes from December Meeting – See online at: http://www.jgtsca.org/about.htm
Dan Nelson – Submitted the minutes - Motion to accept
Phil Behney second by Dave Tang.
Ellie Czarnowski - Additions or corrections - Motion to accept
Dan Nelson seconded by Dave Tang
1. Solstice row- Eight members met in Mystic Shipyard-East
and rowed up the Mystic River to Mystic Seaport. Following
the row ten members met At the Harp and Hound for food and
libations and a good time was had by all.
Phil Behney gave use a brief history on the solstice row and
why he changed the time for the start of the solstice row.
We were all thankful for John Symons’s generosity at
the Harp and Hound.
2. Bylaws- A final motion was passed to accept the Bylaws
as they stand with an option to modify to better define the
length of time an officer can hold a particular office.
3. Shop Queue – upkeep of club dories, new club boat
to be discussed at next meeting. Club members will be making
4 sets of club oars 3 sets will be 7 feet and one set is 7.5
feet. UConn student Maggie Waldron will be starting her school
project with the help of Dan Nelson and other designated mentors.
1. Cradle for the Susan Holland.
2. The Member at Large Dan Nelson will be going over Shop
policies, safety and procuring materials for club and Maggie’s
3. UConn student Maggie Waldron School project, apprenticeship.
1. A big shout out and thank you: To Phil Behney for the
work he put in to the success of the Solstice row and John
Symons for his generosity at the Harp and Hound.
2. A thank you to Dan Nelson for his efforts and leadership
skills as President during 2017.
3. A thank you to the other officers who make our club a success.
4. Big thank you to John Hacunda for the services he provides
to the JGTSCA.
5. Good luck to Maggie on her oars.
Friday, February 2nd, 2017. Potluck @ 1730 with meeting to
Building 36 (Boat Shop) UCONN – Avery Point.
Motion to Adjourn
Steve Barton second Phil Behney
Meeting Adjourned @ 1910
Steve Barton, JGTSCA Secretary